This slideshow contains all of my Smile Game Builder Tutorials, past and present, which you can watch directly.
Every week, usually Sundays or Mondays, a new tutorial is uploaded. Sometimes, however, I upload them earlier.
I aim to keep video length to between 20 and 30 minutes, although at times I’ll go over. Thus, a shorter video is easier to follow than a single longer one.
Occasionally, I’ll defer planned videos in favour of new or upcoming features. And that way, when SmileBoom does implement them, it’ll become a how-to reference tutorial ahead of time.
SGB Tutorials List Overview
Following is a list of all the tutorials I have available (each link opens in a new tab):
- #1: Short Overview – Short overview of SGB, providing a brief introduction to the engine.
- #2: Creating Maps Overview – Basics of navigating the map in the editor, placement of tiles and adding events.
- #3.1: Events Overview – Preset events, presenting each one and showcasing what’s available (but not as a comprehensive guide).
- #3.2: Working with Events – Overview and very basic, quick tutorial on preset events, including a brief overview of the events tree.
- #3.3 (Part 1) – Characters & Party Members – A multi-part tutorial on characters and party members, where each party member requires an item or condition to join.
- #3.3 (Part 2) – Characters & Party Members – Add two more party members: Ignaz (who wants money) and Lisa (who wants an egg). They’ll join your party when given the items.
- #3.3 (Part 3) – Characters & Party Members – Eldred, the final party member, requests a random item before he’ll join the party.
- #3.3 (Part 4) – Characters & Party Members – Eldred will join (requested options) on the following conditions: If a certain party member is in the party, if you’ve visited a certain location and if you’ve defeated a certain monster.
- #4: Working with Conditions (Part 1) – Using conditions effectively in Smile Game Builder, including what they are and how they function.
- #5: Working with Conditions (Part 2) – Continuing from Part 1, we set up an event where a woman approaches the player after you have a certain item (lemon balm). She then asks if you want a potion before running off into the nearby forest.
- #6: Controlling the Camera (Part 1) – Using the camera controls for stunning effects, including creating a conversation from the first-person perspective between characters.