Paranormality RMVXA Project
I’ve started working on a new RMVX project, entitled Paranormality: Darkling, which are loosely based on my Jack Urban Chronicles novels (in progress) and will showcase what the Q-Engine is capable of. The project has just entered its embryonic stages, but regular updates will appear on its official website.
Q-Engine Features List
Now that the Q-Engine is at version 18.104.22.168 (cited as Release Candidate 2.0), it’s time to showcase some of its major features. All of these are customisable from the Configurations Settings.
- Animated Title Screen – Animated title and author/subtitle graphics, as well as moving layers.
- Menu Information Windows – Provides additional information about each menu command (main menus).
- Game Over Menu – A menu on the Game Over screen to provide options to restart, continue or terminate.
- Actor Ranks/Titles – A feature where a title is given depending on the actors’ levels.
- Alternative Layout – An alternative Status Screen layout, replete with titles. This feature has recently undergone a rewrite for improvements and compatibility issues.
- Extra Character Info – A feature to provide extra bio information on the Status Screen, such as gender and age.
- Pretitles/Last Names – Gives options to include a pretitle and last name (surname).
- Actor Options – Displays additional bonuses derived from objects and actor options (set in the Database.)
- Battle Start/End Images – Displays an announcer image at the beginning and end of battles.
- Critical Flash – The screen flashes a certain colour when a critical hit has been struck (actors and monsters).
- Turn Counter – A window is displayed during battle counting the number of combat rounds.
- Extra Stats Window – Shows a window displaying additional stats, such as the number of combats won/lost, the amount of gold collected, etc. This can also be summoned from the map by pressing a (predefined) key.